LEGACIES!!!!

The place to brag about your heroes or discuss other general topics regarding Legacies.
Sour
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Warcraft III Username: SourDMN

LEGACIES!!!!

Post by Sour » February 28th, 2018, 5:58 pm

WOW!

Cant believe i even found this forum. Recently started playing warcraft 3 again and i had a crazy itch to play this map. I remember playing it during the earlier releases of the map before the WoW release killed it off.

Currently dual boxing this map with my brother (figured 2 heroes wasnt enough to accomplish anything) so we are running around with 4 level 8s currently. Any suggestions on a group makeup that could beat the map with 4 players? Or, would anyone like to party with us?

Why am i so addicted to this map? Should i DL the alpha version i see listed in the forums?

Fallan
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Warcraft III Username: Fallan @Europe, USEast and USWest
Loading…

Re: LEGACIES!!!!

Post by Fallan » March 1st, 2018, 8:14 am

Hey there! Always nice to see another fan checking in :)

You're not alone being addicted to this map, I've come back twice since the early releases.

Perhaps you've already found the post with the link to the Discord channel Mec made? (https://discord.gg/FPbeAx6) There you'll find a few more people to team up with. Also you got clan 'FotS' on US West and clan 'Lega' on Europe to check out!

Oh another tip when it comes to multi-boxing, regarding the namelock on save-codes: The order of the letters doesn't matter, e.g. I can load a code locked to Fallan with accounts named Fallna, Falaln etc. At least I didn't know that before I made a Fallann account only for dual-boxing and saved a nice DotC and a Priest on there :P

The newest version (as far as I know) which most people play right now (?) is 008 Pre-Alpha v8.w3x, which you can find at Alpha/Beta > 008 Pre-Alpha Change Logs. It's got the last quest disabled and no loot from hydras, but Fled has done some nice updates on heroes and abilities on bosses, and new items!

Sour
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero

Post by Sour » March 1st, 2018, 2:00 pm

Thats a great tip on the name-lock save codes, thank you!

Played the "alpha" map a bit last night...it really seems to have a lot of improvements. However, i was unable to find anywhere to craft? Did i just miss it?

Any suggestions on group comp?

Fallan
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Loading…

Post by Fallan » March 1st, 2018, 3:04 pm

The crafting was removed in version 2.0, now all items are drops.

Regarding a group comp I'm usually going with Druid of the Claw as Tank/selfhealer, Shadowpriest as Healer and Mage as dps. I also noticed that adding a Priest as 2nd healer to that combo is pretty nice for surviving tough encounters, but that might require 'Spineweave Cloak' on DotC and 'The Second Wind' on Mage to add some damage. Instead of having DotC as tank the other 2 work just as fine, and instead of the priest as 4th player you could add some random dps, and if you're going up against hydras you'd probably want some CC/supporting hero like Sorceress, DotT or Spirit Walker, eventhough I gotta admit I haven't tried any serious attempts on the bigger hydras yet.

There's a lot of other combinations you could go for really, every hero has something they can add to the team. One thing worth to notice though is that the Deeplord Revenant heals himself with every buffs/debuffs that aren't ults, so buffs/debuffs that are strong outside of vault suddenly become worthless when encountering him. Having a Priest as only healer in there can also be troublesome as the ghosts interrupt 'Heal' most of the time, but if you have a strong tank that can survive with decent potions (from Witchdoctor or turtle quest) the mass-heal comes in handy.

What combination are you using right now?

By the way, another tip is using the Priest's 'Dispel'' on the skeletons by the Twilight Jewel, that's a nice way to level up.

Sour
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero

Post by Sour » March 1st, 2018, 6:03 pm

Ahh, thats actually awesome. I think thats a great change.

Running Shadow priest, Tauren Chieftain, SpellBreaker, and Warlock at the moment. Sounds like most group comps are doable? We will probably try out a few different groups.

Thanks for that information on the Deeplord Revenant, super helpful. Any other major changes on the map i may have overlooked? Sounds like there are A LOT more items out there, which was really needed!

Fledermaus
Raiding Turtle Nests
Raiding Turtle Nests
Warcraft III Username: Fledermaus@All Realms
Loading…

Post by Fledermaus » March 1st, 2018, 7:31 pm

Just a minor clarification on the Deeplord Revenant's buff eat - it will only target dispelable buffs; which are non-physical, non-ultimate (and I think some item) buffs.
Also a good strategy if you're running a Spell Breaker is to spell steal the ghost buff onto him since it silences and sets armor to 0. Pretty nice if you've got a physical dps.

Fallan
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Loading…

Post by Fallan » March 7th, 2018, 10:54 am

Sour wrote:
March 1st, 2018, 6:03 pm
Ahh, thats actually awesome. I think thats a great change.

Running Shadow priest, Tauren Chieftain, SpellBreaker, and Warlock at the moment. Sounds like most group comps are doable? We will probably try out a few different groups.

Thanks for that information on the Deeplord Revenant, super helpful. Any other major changes on the map i may have overlooked? Sounds like there are A LOT more items out there, which was really needed!
Yes I would say so, as long as you stick to the basic tank/healer/dps setup, perhaps add in some cc/support class and try to get a good mixture of their abilities. The setup you mentioned doesn’t seem like a bad mix to me!

Things that comes to mind (apart from new abilities of heroes/bosses) are that some of the bosses (which used to be stationary at 1 point?) now can be seen on several, and in some cases even move between different locations, like Behemoth Crab, Makrura Tidal Lord and Enraged Jungle Stalker. Also the lvl 10 Revenant that drops the key to vault is present from start, so if you find him you can go straight for vault if you want.

There’s been quite a few changes to Vault I believe (eventhough I never reached Vault back in the old days), with new traps and unable to exit the teleporter after you’ve entered, unless you beat the lvl 15 Revenant first. Also the scaling is new I think, meaning that monsters take less/deal more damage when the total level of the party increases (just type -scale to see how much). Oh and I’m not sure if the switch function was around in the older versions: -w## to switch item between inventory (first number) and backpack (second number).

You can find the change logs for 007 and 008 in the Alpha/Beta section; for the earlier versions of 2.0 I think you might have to check with Fled if he has something saved locally as the hosting company deleted everything on the old forum.
Fledermaus wrote:
March 1st, 2018, 7:31 pm
Just a minor clarification on the Deeplord Revenant's buff eat - it will only target dispelable buffs; which are non-physical, non-ultimate (and I think some item) buffs.
Also a good strategy if you're running a Spell Breaker is to spell steal the ghost buff onto him since it silences and sets armor to 0. Pretty nice if you've got a physical dps.
Ah yes I tend to forget about those physical buffs, thanks!